HETAS is the national organisation working for consumer safety and the wider public interest in safe, efficient and environmentally responsible use of biomass and other solid fuels
About HETAS | services available
- INSTALLER REGISTRATION – Registered installers are trained and approved to UKAS standards and can self certify that their work complies with the relevant building regulations. They have access to free Technical Handbooks, advice and updates, competitively priced insurance, equipment and Prompt Payer membership.
- TRAINING – HETAS is the leading training provider for solid fuel, wood and biomass, offering comprehensive courses specifically designed for installers, chimney sweeps, retailers, specifiers, Local Authorities, Building Control officers and those involved in the wood fuel supply chain.
- PRODUCT APPROVAL – HETAS operates a third party scheme for approval of solid fuel and biomass appliances. The HETAS Guide is published annually and provides installers and specifiers with a useful list of approved appliances, chimneys and associated equipment.
- MICROGENERATION CERTIFICATION SCHEME – The government approved Microgeneration Scheme (MCS) is designed to build consumer confidence in the growing renewable sector. HETAS offers both MCS installer and MCS appliance schemes covering biomass and solar thermal technologies.
- APPROVED RETAILERS – The HETAS approved retailer scheme provides kudos for stove shops and showrooms, and aims to increase safety whilst promoting the reputation of good quality retailers. Approved Retailers are listed on the HETAS website.
- QUALITY ASSURED FUEL – The Woodsure scheme provides a recognised quality standard for wood and biomass fuel quality. With categories for logs, briquettes, chips and pellets, the scheme provides consumers with confidence in fuel quality and sustainability.
- APPROVED CHIMNEY SWEEPS – Sweeps who are members of the Association of Professional and Independent Chimney Sweeps (APICS), Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps, National Association of Chimney Sweeps (NACS) and Sweep Safe and become HETAS Approved Chimney Sweeps are listed on the website search.